Happy Valenstines day! Kyle decided to take Connor to the Suns basketball game instead of me. Hahaha, just kidding. I told Kyle to take Connor, cause I know how much Connor loves to watch sporting events. It was his first NBA game and he loved it. Kyle of course gave him the royal treatment and bought him a sweatshirt, popcorn, drinks, and other yummy treats to eat and enjoy during the game. I think we have a huge Suns fan on our hands now.
We squeezed in as much festive things as we possibly could for Valentine's day. We wore all the pink and red things, made heart sugar cookies and frosted them, and even got special little valentines day packets from grandma Kaye. These 4 kiddos are my whole world, they have my heart forever. I love them soooooo much, my forever little Valentines.
The pandemic continues to rage on, and so do zoom dance classes. I cannot wait for the day when I can teach my ballet students again in person. We did take pictures for recital in person though and it was great to see everyone. All the kids had to wear masks for group pictures, but for individual shots they could take them off. I am glad I got the kids pictures even though I am not sure how recital will happen with the pandemic continuing to linger on. I especially love that Connor is dancing. I know this won't last long as he will get more and more involved with sports, but for now I relish in the fact that my little boy is the cutest little hip hopper and acrobat.
Since school is canceled and all online, along with everything else it seems in the world, we are starting to go a little stir crazy. We spend most of our days cooped up at home, never leaving unless it's a quick run to the grocery store which we cannot even go in to (we must order groceries online and they bring them to our car). Don't even get me started on the toilet paper shortage that's going on. It's crazy right now, people are going insane buying food off the shelfs preparing for the end of the world. I sure hope the craziness will end, but for now I guess I will do my best to try and enjoy this extra time I have been given with all my kids at home...despite it driving me absolutely nuts!
Thankfully I was able to squeeze the kids dental appointments in before all the dental offices shut down. I feel like things are only getting worse, not better. But on a lighter note our cute little Layla is 10 months old and all smiles and giggles. We love our baby beluga, which is what we call her since she is pure chunk.
We were able to arrange a funeral just in time because restrictions have been clamping down tighter and tighter due to the pandemic and things like funerals and weddings where large gatherings of people are present are prohibited. Davey, James, and myself were able to fly in for the funeral, as well as 3 out of the 4 Cowan cousins. Despite our sad reason for coming together, it was great to see them all and catch up.
I was the first one to fly in. I wanted to be there and help my mom out as much as possible. She not only had to go through all of grandma's things, but also plan this funeral and needed time to mourn the loss of her mom. My mom is very tenderhearted and was very close with her mom. This has been one of if not the greatest trial in my mom's life, and to see her cry quietly as well as openly has broken my heart. I wish I lived closer to her to be around more often to help her.
Aunt Amy, myself, and my mom had a special opportunity to dress grandma in her temple clothes in preparation for her burial. It was my first time having such an experience and I was both nervous and anxious. Once I walked in the room and saw my sweet grandma's body in preparation to be dressed, I was overcome with peace. I knew that it was just her shell and that her spirit lives on. I could feel her in the room with us, I could feel her love, and I could feel my testimony grow deeper and stronger of the plan of salvation. I know that families are forever, and I know that this life is just a short step we all must take in our eternal progression. How grateful I am to know that I will see her again, and how grateful I am to know that she is no longer in any physical pain and is reunited with her husband, my beloved grandpa/Boopa.
No comments:
Post a Comment