Monday, January 31, 2022

June 2020

Summer is in full swing here in the desert. Every day it is in the triple digits, but I still love it. We swim every day, and still manage to do outdoor activities (with LOTS of water on hand). Layla continues to grow like a weed. She is walking around everywhere and wants to keep up with her siblings. Brayden is starting to loose his toddler chub and leaning out to be a little boy. Abby and Connor constantly amaze me with how much they learn and grow every day. They are developing skills and learning talents that make my momma heart proud.




And so the "farm" in the backyard continues to produce fruits and veggies. Kyle is so proud everyday and checks to see if anything is ripe and ready to be picked. The kids are loving all the cherry tomatoes, and I love that its a easy, healthy snack they can grab themselves. 


Because little league baseball was canceled due to COVID, they pushed it back to the summer. It's not the same and there are a lot of restrictions, but at least the boys are getting somewhat of a baseball season in this year. Both Brayden and Connor LOVE baseball. I always love watching them play, its like I can see their little brains turning the whole time, figuring out how the game actually works.
My sweet Abby is 7! How is that possible? Oh how I love this girl. She loves cheetah print, high heels (she got some for her birthday and is on cloud nine), accessories, unicorns, stuffed animals, and little trinkets. Kyle calls her "trinket girl" cause she just collects and hordes, or so it seems. She is such a social child that this whole pandemic has been really tough on her. She is not cut our for isolation, me neither baby girl, me neither!

As I predicted we had to cancel the June dance recital due to the pandemic. We were able to rent a cafeteria stage at a local school and with social distancing and mask wearing each class was able to perform in front of a small crowd of their family and friends. It was nothing like a traditional recital which makes me sad, but at least the kids got to wear their costumes. I mainly feel bad for my senior dancers who are graduation this year. They don't get a last chance to perform. 

They were so sweet and came the night before our little showcase and decorated my house. They have been such a bright spot in my life this past year, regardless of all the trials, and I am so grateful to be a part of such a wonderful dance family. I know these young women will go off to do amazing things in their futures.















June means Father's day and Kyle's birthday. We kind of celebrated both the same weekend when his parents came into town. Kyle has officially been accepted into Weapons school which will be a 6 month course in Las Vegas. As challenging as it will be to have him gone for 6 months I am happy to know that he will not be too far away. 

Kyle had his fini flight in the 62nd squadron. We have been in the squadron since we moved here and now that he is going to this elite school its time to say goodbye. Kyle will be one of 5 students at WIC and after graduation from the program he is being reassigned back here to Luke AFB to the 63rd squadron. I am happy we do not have to leave Arizona. Having him gone for 6 months is the price we have to pay to have some stability in our lives and not move away from this area that we love so much. I just pray that the time flies by and that he is back home for good sooner that we think. Man are we going to miss him so much, I can already feel my anxiety levels starting to spike knowing that I will be alone with 4 kids for the next 6 months during a pandemic, I need all the prayers I can get!


















No comments:

Post a Comment