Monday, December 30, 2024

August 2021

Living off caffeine right now. August is quickly becoming one of our busier months of the year. It's when the kids go back to school and we have to restructure our lives again. Kyle has been working a lot lately which requires me to pick up responsibilities at home, on top of my job. Speaking of my job, I am now also holding auditions for our big ballet production that will happen next June. So now starts all the planning choreographing, setting the dances, ordering the costumes and making sure the production is beautiful not only for myself since my name is attached to it, but for my dancers that work so hard.
Layla has really been loving her big girl bed. I will catch her now and then napping with all her pillows and stuffies and I think it's quite possibly the cutest thing in the world. She loves her blankie so much, I don't know what we would do if we ever lost it, that blankie is another member of our family.
Kyle and I celebrated our 12 year wedding anniversary, but in true Kyle and Jenny fashion we spent it apart. Kyle has been flying a lot and I have been picking up a lot more classes to teach now that I'm teaching 3 time a week. I was so surprised to see some chocolate covered strawberries and flowers left on the counter from Kyle. Our lives are so busy but I wouldn't want to do this life with anyone else. I love the life we have created and look forward to all we can accomplish together in this life and forever. 
Even when life is crazy we still manage time to FaceTime Kyle when he is away. I love these monkeys of mine. I see them growing up and it breaks my heart a little. Somedays I can't wait for them to grow up cause so much woulds be easier with older, more self sufficient kids, but then I try to cherish these moments cause I know they won't last long. We are in such a fun stage where all my kids love us and want to spend time with us. I don't embarrass them yet, and they are so innocent that everything from Christmas to loosing a tooth becomes magical. 



The first day of school finally came and we are split at two schools this year. Abby and Connor are at Legacy, while Brayden is at Crown. I hope they have the best school year, learn so much, make great friends, and grow to be their best selves.


Weekends have turned into Layla napping in the car as we drive from game to game to game. I am grateful she is pretty flexible and can fall asleep anywhere. Meanwhile the boys have been loving basketball and soccer. Kyle said he misses coaching and plans to coach basketball in the winter, I have no idea how he will squeeze that in his schedule but I bet the boys would love to have him as their coach as well. 


No comments:

Post a Comment