Monday, December 30, 2024

September 2021

Abby got a blanket making kit from grandma Kaye for her birthday and she has been loving it. It reminds me of when I used to quilt when we were in Japan. Those were the days. My life was a lot slower, and I actually had time to do hobbies like quilting.


Kyle and I took a quick trip to Dallas to check out the area. Dallas has been at the top of our list for places where we might want to end up at since they have a reserves unit there and Kyle could potentially fly for American Airlines and then be based out of DFW. So we took a quick 48 hour trip out to look around, check out the different areas of where we might want to live, and of course met up with our friends Joel and Melissa. They moved to Dallas from Seattle and it would be so fun to live next to them. In all honesty, we really did like Dallas and think Kyle is going to apply for the reserves job there. It's crazy to think we are starting to think about where we want to settle down at. After years of being in the military and moving around every 1-3 years, we see the light at the end of the tunnel and will get to make choices for our family that we have never been able to make before, like choosing where we want to live.



Benham girls trip to Myrtle Beach was the best! Again, it was another quick trip because Kyle couldn't take that much time off of work to watch the kids, but getting some uninterrupted adult time and girl time was just what I needed. We laid out at the beach, ate delicious BBQ, went shopping, and spent some fun time all together. It's weird to think all of Kyle's brothers are married, so this is it, all the girls that will ever be a part of the Benham clan... no more additions. I can't wait till I can start taking Abby along on these girl trips, and then Layla too.






Abby attended her first dance convention at Nexus. My friend and coworker, Rhonda, owns the convention and competition, so it was the perfect environment to introduce Abby into this whole competitive dance world. I love watching her grow and  develop her talent of dance. Makes this momma heart extra proud cause we all know I'm a not so secret dance mom!

Layla is the light of my life right now. She is a ball of joy and energy, and brings a lot of fun to our family. I call her my sidekick, or my carseat buddy because she is always in the car with me running errands. What would I do without my plus one?

School has been draining the kids, especially the boys. They come home and take naps whenever they have a spare moment... and they NEVER voluntarily take naps!

Abby FINALLY got her ears pierced. It was one of her birthday gifts, but we opted to wait till after her baptism and all the summer swimming to avoid any kind of infection. She was so excited to get them pierced and was only a little nervous when they lined up the piercing guns to her ears. Of course she picked her birthstone for her first pair of earrings, and I love and hate how much bigger she looks now with earrings in.


No comments:

Post a Comment