Thursday, December 19, 2024

July 2021

 It's summer in Arizona, which means hot, hot, hot. I honestly feel like we have had no time to sit back and relax like summers should be. I taught my first ballet summer intensive at Take Five Dance. The other teacher we invited to be a guest teacher backed out last minute leaving me to teach ALL of the classes for both the advanced and intermediate age groups. I taught ballet technique, pointe or pre-pointe, variations, conditioning and injury prevention, and then a lecture that swapped topics each day. It was a very long and tiring week, but I can already see such improvement in my students over the past 4 days. Sharing my love of ballet is one of my favorite things to do.


Brayden is getting ready to start "kindergarten" at Crown Charter School. I put that in quotations because it is technically his preschool year, but since they have a late birthday cut off he qualified for their kindergarten class. We plan to switch him over to the same school as his siblings next year to do kindergarten again with his correct age group, but he should be extremely ready by then. He is so excited for school, and I am excited for a little more peace and quiet around the house. This kid just loves life, and I know he will shine in school.

Since Kyle is the weapons officer with the 63rd squadron we now get to go to all the fancy events like attending the graduation of his current B-course class. This is probably the only time I can get Kyle to dress up. It was a fun night out without the kids, and Kyle even won the "hammer" award, meaning he was the toughest, and hardest instructor for the students... He also got most inspirational instructor. He really enjoys his new job as weapons instructor, and devotes a lot of time to his F-35 students, and in return he is very respected and revered amongst the F-35 community. 


I signed up Layla for a little mommy and me dance class. I am so excited to do this class with Layla, and really hope she loves it. I was all too willing to bust out Abby's old leotards and skirts to dress up Layla for her first dance class. Having girls is so fun!


4th of July, one of my favorite holidays! We spent the day swimming and grilling outside all day. Brooke and Nate came over with their boys, and we all had fun letting off fireworks at night. I hope they had fun and that memories were made. Nothing compares to 4th of Julys when I was a child. I kind of miss the big fireworks we were able to do in Washington, but luckily my kids don't know what they are missing so they are completely content with the smaller fireworks show they get in Arizona.




We have been loving all the summer storms here in Arizona. Nothing beats the thunderstorms and warm rain, followed by the most beautiful sunsets. We have been trying to embrace and enjoy the little things so letting the kids run around in the rain has become one of their favorite activities this summer.


No comments:

Post a Comment