Monday, December 30, 2024

October 2021

Soccer season is in full swing. Watching the kids has turned into an all day event on Saturdays for us. Abby is very graceful to watch run up and down the field. Connor is a very methodical player, always trying to anticipate where the ball will be. And Brayden is just out of control. The kid just runs and tackles, slides, and literally flies in the air trying to get to the ball. It honestly looks like a combination of soccer and football when he plays because he is so aggressive.

We got family pictures taken and I am in love with them. Logan, who used to babysit the kids and be in YW in our ward is now all grown up and married with a photography business on the side. So we hired her and she did amazing! Even though everyone in the family complains about taking family pictures, I make them do it every year and will never give it up. My most prized possessions are our family pictures over the years.

























I decided it was time to be more of an adult and get some new glasses that were not from my high school days. It's amazing what a new pair of glasses can do for your face and confidence. I have been enjoying them all week long, but am still a contacts girl forever and ever. I don't know what it is about extra stuff on my face, but if and when I see the rim of my glasses I have to instantly go put contacts in because I need a full, clear view with no hinderance.
This is what General Conference looks like with 4 little kids. It's definitely a struggle to have them pay attention, but thank heavens for crafts and activities from grandma Kaye that she always sends for the kids to keep busy during the talks.
My sweet Connor is officially 7. Time is just flying by and I can't seem to keep up. He is the sweetest kid and always wants to do what Abby does. He loves sports, especially baseball. He is the spitting image of Kyle when he was that age, and overall just wants to choose the right. He is such a good kid, sometimes I don't know what I did to deserve him. I love being his mom.
Send help! We are attempting potty training over here with Layla, and so far it has resulted with me being fed up and restricting her to the tile floor only during the day. I actually have her naked from the waist down, so she can't cheat and pee in her undies then tell me. She is butt, stark naked, and is either peeing on the tile floor on in the toilet. You would think after potty training 3 other kids I would have this down, but nope, I just wing it every time. It's hands down my least favorite thing to do as a parent... ever! I wish I could send my kids away for a week to a special potty training school and then they bring them back all potty trained and ready to go. I mean if you can send a dog off to training/behavior school why not something similar for kids and potty trainings? Im willing to pay big bucks for whoever opens up said program.

These two boys. They are so fun to watch in their baseball games. I love that they also have each other to practice with at home. I will find them outside throwing a ball to each other all the time.
October would not be complete without a trip to the Arizona state fair. The kids loving going every year, and I tolerate it. It actually provides really nice people watching opportunities, but it also grosses me out with some of the weirdos that come out for things like the fair. I will say the weather usually is perfect, and all the fun lights, sounds, and smells makes for a sensory overloaded night.


Halloween at dace is always fun. I am amazed at the creativity of some of my students. I can never think of an outfit, but every year they seem to take it to the next level and I love it.
My phone is always just full of pictures of Layla because,  just look at her... she is adorable! My baby is growing up and I think I'm a little in denial about it. We don't really have a baby in the house anymore.

Kyle took Connor for a one on one trip to Provo to watch the BYU football game. He surprised Connor and Connor had the time of his life. I enjoyed all the pictures Kyle sent me over the two days they were there. I am so glad Kyle got to have this special trip with Connor, because I know Connor will never forget it. Seeing his smile grow bigger and bigger in each picture was priceless, and watching the Cougars win their game was the cherry on top of a fun trip for these two!





Grandma Rai has been slowing down a lot lately, so we decided to go out and see her. With how old and frail she is, we never know when it will be our last visit. I am glad we have been able to see her more since moving back to Arizona from Japan.
Halloween is here. This was the first year that I didn't make the kids dress up for a family themed costume. They all had ideas on what they wanted to be, so I was like go for it! You're only a kid once, with so many Halloweens where it's acceptable to go trick or treating. Time to make the most of it and just roll with the punches, so for this year the kids went as a cheetah, astronaut, Captain America, and Hello Kitty.


No comments:

Post a Comment