Wednesday, January 22, 2025

April 2022

Boy, has it been a busy month! We found a home we liked in Surprise, and moved in. The ward seems to be perfect for our family, with lots of little kids our kids ages. We have been enjoying all the spring training games as well. We live really close to the Texas Rangers/Kansas City Royals stadium now, and used to live right by the Cleveland Guardians/Cincinnati Reds stadium. So we have been going to a bunch of games at both of those stadiums. The kids are loving the new house, the new ward, and all the fun spring time activities we have been busy doing. When I'm not painting walls, and unpacking, we try to get out because nothing, and I mean nothing beats the spring time in Arizona!


Layla gave us a little scare. She started having fever related seizures when her fever spikes above 102. The first one was pretty long and scary so I opted to take her into the ER to make sure she is ok. We just need to make sure she drinks lots of fluids and try to keep her fever down as best as possible when she gets sick. We alternate between Motrin and Tylenol around the clock till she can beat whatever disease/virus she has to make her fever so the seizures stay at bay. 

The kids had so much fun at our new ward's easter egg hunt. They are making great friends and genuinely seem so much happier going to church because there is such a good group of primary kids. I love Easter time, it's my favorite holiday. The promise of resurrection, the gift our Savior gave to us all, nothing brings me more peace and joy than knowing that we will live together again after this life.


My sweet, spunky baby is 3 years old already. Time is flying by with her, and I'm trying to enjoy it as best as I can before it's all gone. She is bigger than life, and has the funniest personality. She is a little firecracker and we love every square inch of her. She is my forever baby, and I am so glad we decided three years ago to have another kid cause for a while I thought we were done with just three. Nope, Layla is the perfect caboose.

I am slowly starting to get to know the ladies in our new ward as well. The Relief Society President is named Celeste Simons, and she and I have a lot in common. Our Kids are all the same age, and she even invited me on a little girls weekend getaway. We hiked camelback mountain, stayed at an AirBnB in Scottsdale and went out to eat at some yummy restaurants for dinner and breakfast. It was a quick yet fun weekend getting to know these sisters in my new ward better.

No comments:

Post a Comment