Spring is here which means only one thing...BASEBALL SEASON! The boys are loving their teams and playing the game almost every day. In fact they are loving it so much we have looked into placing them on a year round club baseball team. I think they both will thrive under a more competitive environment. Unfortunately I don't have as many pictures of Connor as I do of Brayden playing because Brayden's coach's wife is a professional photographer and always sends us pictures she captures in the games. Hopefully I can start putting me poor photography skills to use and take some more of Connor, cause he is just as cute as Brayden is playing America's greatest past time sport.
Connor got recognized at school for being a straight A student and winning the spelling B for his grade. He is such a smart kid, I kind of don't know what to do to help challenge him. In fact, his first grade teacher talked to me about having him skip a grade this next year and go straight to 3rd grade. I am not sure how I feel about that. While he would be challenged academically, there is a chance that leaves him more prone to being bullied and picked on for being the youngest and smallest kid in his grade. I think it is a matter Kyle and I still need to talk, think, and prayer over.
All of Kyle's dreams came true this month. Our annual (even though this is our first time, he says it will be annual from here on out) ski trip took place. We drove up to St. George, dropped of Layla with grandma, then continued our drive up to Park City, Utah for a week long skiing adventure with the kids. It was a rough trip since I am not a good skier, and the kids are still learning, but Kyle didn't seem mind. He is over the moon excited about the many more ski trips we will take as a family.
In all reality I hate it. I hate being cold, I am afraid I am going to get injured and tear something that requires surgery to fix... it's just not my thing. I don't wake up thinking "man I can't wait to go on a ski vacation." I tend to lean more towards the warm, sunny, beach vacations because not being able to feel my nose, toes, and fingers isn't something I'm all about. I did my best to put on a brave face and tried to have fun for Kyle's sake. I hope he knows how difficult of a pill this is for me to swallow, but I also know I can do this for him cause he does a lot for me.
The kids seemed to have fun, and by the end of the week they were all a lot better. Slowly yet surely Kyle's dreams of his kids just flying down the mountain with him will happen in a few years.
Abby got braces! It's so strange to me that they now do braces in two different stages instead of one big stage when you are a teenager. She will have them on for a little over a year, then get them off for about two or so years, then they will be placed back on for another year or so. She looks so much older now with them. I am still getting used to them on her.
Abby got braces! It's so strange to me that they now do braces in two different stages instead of one big stage when you are a teenager. She will have them on for a little over a year, then get them off for about two or so years, then they will be placed back on for another year or so. She looks so much older now with them. I am still getting used to them on her.





No comments:
Post a Comment