Thursday, August 29, 2024

April 2021

To kick off April we had General Conference. Grandma Kaye gave us a box of fun crafts and activities to do while sitting and listening to conference. The kids now look forward to Conference like it's Christmas. All the treats, crafts, activities, games that grandma packs for them is quite impressive. 

Abby finished up her season playing softball. She really enjoyed it but still rather be dancing. I love watching her develop new talents and creating new hobbies. We will see if she decides to play again next spring.








It's Easter time! Easter is actually my favorite holiday of the year. I love the message that Christ is risen, and that we too will be one day. I am so grateful for my Savior and all that he has done for me. He is my hope, He is my light! We had a wonderful Easter Sunday. The Easter bunny came to visit, we had many easter egg hunts (the kids just like to re-hide the eggs over and over again for each other), and a delicious ham dinner. 






Our friends in Japan sent us a wonderful care package. They sent the kids all sorts of yummy Japanese treats, candies, coloring books, and other books to assist them with keeping up with their Japanese. I can honestly say those three years in Japan we the best years of our lives. Kyle and I will forever fondly look back on those years and the experiences we had. But above all that it was the people we met that who will forever stay in our hearts. 
Connor's baseball season also came to an end. I love how much he great this year as a baseball player. He had a great team and a great coach, that despite some restrictions to recovering from a world pandemic, he made the overall experience a great one. 







Brayden also got to play T-ball and loved it. It was fun to have all three of our kids playing the same sport at the same time. That little Brayden, he is quite the athlete and is eager to keep up with his big brother and sister.




We got to go back to church in person!!!! I am so excited for my kids to go back to church, especially for them to attend primary. Layla is also old enough now to attend nursery, hooray! I am officially baby free during the second hour of church. This is such a weird feeling because I have always had a baby with me since I had Abby. Now I will never have a baby with me, it's another one of those bitter sweet moments knowing my kids are growing up. I just hope the nursery program can handle Layla, because we all know she has a big personality. 

And speaking of the baby, our little Layla loo hoo is officially 2 years old. We invited Nate and Brooke over with their boys for a little impromptu dinosaur party for Layla because... well, do I really need to explain why she is obsessed with dinosaurs? We just love this energetic, silly, social girl of ours. She is always trying to keep up with her older siblings, and is such a light in our lives. She is just now entering the terrible two stage after being cooped up at home most of her life during the pandemic, please send as much patience our way!







No comments:

Post a Comment