Wednesday, August 21, 2024

November 2020

Kyle came down for a weekend just so we could take family pictures. I know he was not happy about taking them, but he was a good sport and put a smile on anyways. I love how they turned out. I honestly feel like our yearly family pictures capture the kids personalities in that moment in life. Layla= wild child, Brayden= doesn't know what's going on, Connor= too cool for school, and Abby= no longer a little girl but a blossoming young woman.











It's our chubby boy's birthday! November 17th Brayden turned 4 and he has been living life to the max. He is such a bright spot in my life, and his smile is perhaps the cutest thing in the world. Brayden's smile and laugh could literally solve all the world's problems, he is just a blessing. To think this kid almost killed me just a few years ago with his strong willed, defiant personality. He is obsessed with the color blue, loves all things power rangers, and wants to be a ninja. He is actually quite athletic and always falls down but seems to pop right back up with just a few bruises to show as battle wounds. 
We had a great, relaxing Thanksgiving. It has given me the opportunity to reflect on all that I am grateful for. President Nelson challenged us to do a social media fast and to reflect on those things that we are most thankful for the week leading up to the holiday. Here is my top list: 1) ballet and dance, 2) sunshine and warm AZ weather, 3) travel and a world filled with different cultures, 4) strong women in my life that are my examples, 5) freedom, and a those that have sacrificed so much so I can enjoy it, 6) my cute kiddos, and finally 7) Kyle and the rock he is in my life. I have so many blessings to be thankful for, and when times are rough I often find myself falling back on those blessings to buoy me up.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment