Life has been getting back to normal with Kyle home and we are loving it. Layla continues to be the boss around here, always getting her way being the baby of the family. It's so bitter sweet watching her grow and hit these mile stones knowing she is my last baby to hit them.
Kyle is at it again with his garden. Only this time he has recruited the kids to help him. They love checking on the plants everyday, which also means they sometimes get a little too excited and pick the fruit/veggies too early. It definitely gives them something to do during these slow days or "covid recovery" as I like to put it. I know one day we will remember these slow days fondly, but right now I am going stir crazy.
We still are having home church. It's been such a weird transition from going from three hour church, to two hour church, to no church, to home church. We still make the kids dress up in church clothes in hopes to keep those good habits instilled, but I am realizing that all the scripture learning and teaching now has to come from me and Kyle and it's a little overwhelming. The new program of home center church supported learning of Come Follow Me puts more of the responsibility on the parents to teach their children the gospel of Jesus Christ. I love the focus on the family, but definitely need to step things up for my kids to make sure they understand Gospel principles and gain a testimony of their own.
More lazy days filled with snuggles and kids playing together. I will embrace it as long as I possibly can before the hectic schedules creep back up on us. On another note I finally was able to find sidewalk chalk for the kids! Due to the pandemic all the sidewalk chalk had been sold out online and in stores for months. I was finally able to get some so the kids could play outside with it and they were in heaven. It's the little things I used to just take for granted that I am learning I need to be grateful for.
Kyle coached a modified season of basketball this year. With the pandemic there we some restrictions and changes but at least the kids were still able to play the sport. Kyle has been coaching the kids basketball now for a few years, and always looks forward to it.
I got to cash in on my Christmas gift. For Christmas Kyle got me a ticket to fly to Dallas to see my friend Abbie Hafen from Misawa Japan. We had so much fun catching up on life, just doing daily errands with her kids, and then going to Waco to see Magnolia farms. It was absolutely freezing in Texas the week I went and of course a giant ice storm came, canceling tons of flights in and out of the area. I was lucky enough to barely make it in, and was one of the last flights to make it back home before the airport shut down again due to a second wave of ice storms. Hopefully I can convince Abbie to come visit me in warm, sunny Arizona next time.
February wouldn't be complete without Valentine's day. We had a "romantic" spaghetti dinner and the kids did some crafts around the house in honor of the holiday. Oh I sure love my little Valentines.
Both boys got to play a modified season of baseball through a church league called Christ's Church of the Valley. It wasn't anything super competitive, but at least they got to play (or at least that's what I tell myself). I hope this fall baseball will be back for my boys cause they sure love that sport.




No comments:
Post a Comment